L3 Unidyne, Inc. is a leader in the alteration design, ship repair, and modernization industry. Our employees provide engineering and technical services, end-to-end design, procurement, fabrication, installation, testing, training, equipment assessments, logistics, repair, depot operation and maintenance of Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) and electronic systems aboard submarines, surface ships and at Navy shore facilities.
We provide over 500 experienced field engineers, Navy-trained technicians and tradespeople in a wide range of maritime industrial trades and specialized facilities that include:
- Machine shops with computer numerically controlled machining stations
- Electronic component design, fabrication and testing facility
- Injection molding facility
- Mechanical production facilities
- Warehouses and staging areas
- Document storage and equipment warehousing
Major areas of expertise include:
- Modernization of U.S. Navy ships and submarines by Alteration Installation Teams (AIT) operating worldwide.
- Modernization of U.S. Army watercraft
- Support for the Battle Force Tactical Trainer In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA)
Examples of programs supported by L3 Unidyne are:
Our Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2008 registered for the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and repair of electronic and mechanical systems for maritime and shore based applications, both on and off site.
- Engineering and Technical Support for Submarine C4I and HM&E systems for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center
- Operation of the Naval Array Technical Support Center in Newport, RI.
- Execution of the Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) of the Navy's fleet of air cushioned landing craft (LCAC) at Camp Pendleton, CA and Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story in Virginia Beach, VA.